Wednesday 23 July 2014

Few pics from last few days

Badger, Meles meles

Just a few quick pics from the last few days this time, a bit of a mix. Above is possibly one of my favourite Badger photos at the moment. I changed the exposure and metering in the camera to emphasize the harsh shadow and still keep the detail in the lit side of his face.


Polecat Kit

A few photos of our polecat kits, they are growing quickly aren't they?


Polecat Kit from the Left

I do a lot of photography with the animal looking into the frame... for two reasons really, one I just like it! And two, it gives Liza space on the opposite side of the animal for text for advertisement and articles.


Polecat Kit from the Right

So here is one of a kit looking in from the other side too :-)


The Beautiful Susie

While photographing the kits, I couldn't not miss out on spending a bit of time with Susie. Same as many I already have of her, but she is so beautiful I couldn't resit another portrait.


Red Squirrel Stare

We had a few walnuts, so I gave them to the squirrels for something a little different to what they are used to.


Wide Angle of a Squirrel with a Walnut

They have had walnuts before, so they knew what to do with them.


Red Squirrel with a Walnut

I particularly like this one as it shows off the remaining wisp of his ear tuft :-)


Mother and Calf

One of the evenings I spent a bit of time with red deer, mainly trying to get a few photos of the calves. It may sound easy to do, but they are so wary and don't come that close at all until they are much older... and the mums are more wary too during this time. I keep my distance as I don't want to upset them.


The Creche

This was one of the mothers looking after four of the calves while the others were eating some of the food I took out with me. 


Red Deer Calf

After some time, one of the calves got brave enough to come and see what I was doing.


Startled

I quite liked the expression on this hinds face. She looks startled, but she is actually just eating and I caught her mid chew.


The Boys; Albus and Olivander

The boys! On his own Olivander looks the business, but then when he is next to Albus he really looks quite small!


Albus, Master Stag

Albus, still the Master Stag. Not sure how much of a rut there will be this year, Albus really is the bigger stronger looking stag.


Back Lit Barn Owl Flying

Finally, Monday night myself and the rest of the keepers went onto the reserve to fly big pete, before going to off to watch some wild barn owls. This one was back lit to show off the wings, only just got away with it as the sun was still a little too high and ideally needed to be taken half hour later, but we were watching the wild barn owls at that time.


Side Lit Barn Owl Flying

And a simple side lit one to end on...

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment