Monday 1 September 2014

BWPA 2014

Tawny Owl over Bluebells - BWPA Commended 2014

Today the British Wildlife Photography Awards winners for 2014 are being announced, and I am very pleased to say that I had the above image commended in the Animal Portrait category, and so it will appear in the coffee table book being produced. The book holds about 200 photographs including all the commended images, highly commended images which also form the gallery which tour the country, and of course the winning images of each category.

This is the sixth photo to make it in the past four years I have entered, and so I am extremely pleased. Maybe it is coincidental, but it appears to me that less and less captive photographs are getting through in recent years making this even more of a surprise, and is why I continue to enter only photographs that are different or very difficult to have taken in the wild.

The award presentation is later this week at the Mall Galleries in London, and then the exhibition of the Highly Commended images will be on display there until this Saturday the 6th of September. If you are in the area, check it out, if it is anything like the last few years it will be an amazing display of stunning photographs from around the UK taken by professional and amateur photographers, really showing off our wonderful wildlife to its beautiful best.

I will keep trying, and hopefully one year again I will be a part of the exhibition as I was a couple of years a go with my otter portrait.

Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment