Wednesday 27 April 2016

Owls in Bluebells

Little Owl in the Bluebells

Another week on, and the bluebells are at their peak. We have managed to schedule a bluebell afternoon for some of our regular photographers to the Centre, so I went over to the woods for a few hours last night to scout out some positions for them.



The light was varied, the weather was perfect one moment then dark the next, windy another and we even had snow! But with Izzy's and Lucy's help we managed to find some great locations for later this week.



I only took the tawny owl, eagle owl and little owl down as they are the most likely to be seen in bluebells woodlands in the wild. Sure, the snowy, barn and short eared would make lovely photos... but I like to make them a little more natural, despite of course all being set up. 

Yes, I know I missed the long eared off that list... unfortunately Archimedes is moulting heavily at the moment, and although fine in himself, just doesn't look his best :-)



It was Tyrions first experience of the woodland, but he took to it well. 







As well as the owls, we took down Hugo the hedgehog for some pics too. 



Hugo is a star, one of the best hedgehogs we have ever had. He really is a poser for the camera, and loved being out in the woodland.





Of course, we had to find a spot for Ethel too... always the end of our photo days, always popular, and she looked beautiful in amongst the bluebells... despite it being pretty dark by this point.



Thanks for looking :-)

4 comments:

  1. I've been following this blog for a couple years now and I always enjoy the photos you post. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vincent, thank you for your kind words and support.

      Delete
  2. All of the pictures are wonderful, but those of the little owl... I love how grumpy they look. A little owl is the logo for my business -- Artemis, a character from my fantasy series. These images are perfect inspiration. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mili, I'm pleased you like them. He really is a grumpy character our little owl :-)

      Delete